Bright and spacious first flat forming part of a handsome converted Georgian villa which was formerly the secretary of the Buccleuch estate’s Residence. It now comprises four dwelling flats including a cottage and has extensive landscaped shared gardens, driveway and each property has a private garage. It has a superb outlook of the woodlands within the Duke of Buccleuch’s Dalkeith Estate. As a Georgian property it has many period features including high ceilings, sash windows and cornicing. It has been recently upgraded with a newly fitted kitchen and has been redecorated and fitted with new carpets. The property enjoys a peaceful situation close to the country park making it easy to enjoy pleasant walks within the countryside. The property also benefits from gas central heating.
The property has a private entrance to the front of the building with an entrance hall and stairs leading to the accommodation on the first floor. The accommodation comprises:
• Large landing with round period skylight and large storage cupboard
• Sitting room with feature fireplace with original marble fire surround; it has a dual aspect and superb outlook of the gardens
• Separate dining room / home office with cornicing
• Three good sized double bedrooms
• New kitchen fitted with a range of grey shaker style units with laminate worktops with inset stainless steel sink and appliances including gas hob with extractor hood, electric fan oven, washing machine and fridge freezer
• Modern shower room with wash basin, WC and large shower enclosure
• Utility / store room with a pulley / clothes dryer
Landscaped walled mature communal garden grounds surround the property and there is a large shared driveway with space for multiple vehicles and there is a private garage.